I’m 15 Years Old, What Kind of Job Can I Get?
Myfirstpaycheck.com was created to help young people get jobs. We have job advice for teens, interview tips, a resume builder, etc. but you have to know what jobs younger teens are allowed to do.
As a 13-year-old, 14-year-old, and 15-year-old you can do a lot of things. According to the Government Site YouthRules!
- You can deliver newspapers.
- You can work as a baby-sitter.
- You can work as an actor or performer in motion pictures, television, theater or radio.
- You can work in a business solely owned or operated by your parents.
- You can work on a farm owned or operated by your parents.
When You Turn 14 . . .
You also can work in an:
- grocery store,
- retail store,
- movie theater,
- baseball park,
- amusement park, or
- gasoline service station.
You generally may not work in:
- Communications or public utilities jobs,
- Construction or repair jobs,
- Driving a motor vehicle or helping a driver,
- Manufacturing and mining occupations,
- Power-driven machinery or hoisting apparatus other than typical office machines,
- Processing occupations,
- Public messenger jobs,
- Transporting of persons or property,
- Workrooms where products are manufactured, mined or processed, or
- Warehousing and storage.